Tuesday, December 22, 2009

. blow .

ignore the band name. this girl is awesome. her electronic beat is contrasted by her pure voice. but boy is she hard to dig up stuff on. her real name is Mikhaela Yvonne Maricich. and amazingly enough, she's not from canada. she's actually from the states. portland, oregon to be exact. she's changed her band name multiple times, and never really got into producing her music much. she has a few albums here and there. but when i found her, it was love. my friend and i were sitting in my car, going through my ipod, when i came across the band name blow. (how it got on there in the first place i'll never know. my ipod is a vast black hole.) anyway, we picked the song that sounded most interesting, some chocolates. after ten seconds, we looked at each other and knew, this was something else. but sadly, since it's hard enough finding information about this band, it's even harder finding music samples. so here's a song i don't really listen to much, because it's not her best stuff. but it's a taste. but please please please go find the songs:

some chocolates
parentheses
pardon me
bonjour jeune fille
hey boy

(fun fact, Khaela is also a visual arts artist, best known for her paper sculptures, which happens to be the name of her album)



No comments:

:: she had a guitar, she taught him some chords ::

for my 6th birthday i got a purple camera with blue squares on it. my dad took me on a road trip across the USA and i took pictures of everything imaginable. i was hooked. time passed and i grew older and i forgot about my little obsession.
two years ago i picked up my little digital camera and realized how much i missed photography. so i got a summer job, saved up all my money, and bought a Nikon D60 SLR.
i haven't put it down since.

:: rummaging for answers ::

:: lovers ::