Tuesday, December 29, 2009

. passion pit .

i've done it haven't i? i am now aware of the fact that i have been feeding you electro bands for most of this blog. i always tell myself i don't really like electro, but i guess the truth is, i do. i will be mixing it up and putting a little wider genre out there...but not today. for today i will introduce you to passion pit. the electro of all electro bands.
my lovely older brother matthew took over the computer the other day to show me this band. i half listened and then told him to go away, for i was in pursuit of another band (who will be disclosed in the near future). but later that day, i heard my younger brother listening to an amazing song. after a couple seconds, i realized it was what matthew had been trying to show me earlier.

by the end of the day, my whole family was running around, listening, singing, and dancing to this song (my family finds it necessary to have a dance party every time we're in the kitchen together. i love it).

well here's passion pit for ya. this band is...american! go figure. they're from the lovely land of massachusetts, and formed about three years ago. it all started because the lead singer wanted to write a couple songs for his girlfriend for valentines day. the guys who make up this band have the coolest names ever. check it. Michael Angelakos (lead vocals/keyboards), Ian Hultquist (keyboards/guitar), Ayad Al Adhamy (synth/samples), Jeff Apruzzese (bass/synth bass) and Nate Donmoyer (drums).
Funny thing, the band used the name passion pit, as only a project name. it's a term reffering to drive in theatres back in the day. cause we all know what goes on at drive in theatres... anyway. the name was awesome and it stuck. so go check em out. here's the song my family won't let leave my ears. s i c k.

sleepyhead by passion pit


No comments:

:: she had a guitar, she taught him some chords ::

for my 6th birthday i got a purple camera with blue squares on it. my dad took me on a road trip across the USA and i took pictures of everything imaginable. i was hooked. time passed and i grew older and i forgot about my little obsession.
two years ago i picked up my little digital camera and realized how much i missed photography. so i got a summer job, saved up all my money, and bought a Nikon D60 SLR.
i haven't put it down since.

:: rummaging for answers ::

:: lovers ::