Sunday, April 11, 2010

. ten things you don't need to know about me .

today i baked cookies. if i was a good blogger i would have taken artistic photos of each step in the cookie making process. 
i'm not. 
but i will give you the recipe. 

ridiculously good, life changing, friend attracting, house warming chocolate chip cookies

cream
1 lb butter
2 c brown sugar packed tight
1.5 c sugar

mix
3 eggs 
1.5 tbs vanilla

beat 3 minutes

mix
6 c flour
1.5 tsp salt
1.5 tsp baking soda

fold in 24 oz of milk chocolate chip cookies

bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes


whilst baking i put on a soothing sunday genius playlist (love those things) on my itouch  that turned out like this:

i don't feel it anymore  -  william fitzsimmons
her morning elegance  -  oren lavie
wait it out -  imogen heap
window bird  -  stars
you are goodbye  -  holly conlan
grow old with me  -  the postal service
the cure  -  tegan and sara
home  -  edward sharpe and the magnetic zeros
i've got friends  -  manchester orchestra
silver lining  -  rilo kiley
roslyn  -  bon iver & st. vincent
nineteen (acoustic)  -  tegan and sara
first train home  -  imogen heap
celebration guns  -  stars
letters from the sky  -  civil twilight 
dance, dance, dance  -  lykke li
dear vienna  -  owl city
don't lose yourself  -  laura veirs
february air  -  lights
the ocean  -  tegan and sara
close call  -  rilo kiley 
satellite heart  -  anya marina 
merry happy  -  kate nash

look up any of those songs and you'll be a happy human. so relaxing. i love genius playlists.



{sorry it's twilight . . but the song is so good. come on.}




sometimes i think i don't tell enough about me on here. not that i care. here's some things that don't matter.
:: i hate cleaning. something about it makes me sad. like i'm erasing history.
:: i clench my teeth so hard at night, the next day it takes me hours to be able to open my mouth fully.
:: i love the smell of a forest fire.
:: sometimes in the middle of the night i'll get out of bed and go for a walk, just to see what the town is like quiet.
:: i stick my tongue out when i'm thinking really hard and writing at the same time. i think i get it from my dad.
:: frogs scare me a little because they weren't always frogs.
:: when i'm nervous my heart shakes. 
:: i have a widow's peak.
:: if i'm specifically told not to do something. more times than not. i do it. 
:: sometimes i get paralyzed and just can't move. i think it's my body telling me to stop.


No comments:

:: she had a guitar, she taught him some chords ::

for my 6th birthday i got a purple camera with blue squares on it. my dad took me on a road trip across the USA and i took pictures of everything imaginable. i was hooked. time passed and i grew older and i forgot about my little obsession.
two years ago i picked up my little digital camera and realized how much i missed photography. so i got a summer job, saved up all my money, and bought a Nikon D60 SLR.
i haven't put it down since.

:: rummaging for answers ::

:: lovers ::