Friday, April 16, 2010

. you do something to me that i can't explain .


nostalgia:
1770, "severe homesickness" (considered as a disease), Mod.L. (cf. Fr. nostalgie, 1802), coined 1668 by Johannes Hofer as a rendering of Ger. heimweh, from Gk. nostos "homecoming" +algos "pain, grief, distress" (see -algia). Transferred sense (the main modern one) of "wistful yearning for the past" first recorded 1920.


at age eight i was a tom boy. at age eight i asked for a football for christmas. at age eight i cut my hair to my ears. at age eight my mom was my hero, and my best friend. at age eight my mom would be cleaning the kitchen, grab me and dance around the island, the table, in and out of the pantry. at age eight my mom would kiss my face and dip me to the comforting voice of kenny rogers accompanied by dolly parton. at age eight, my favorite song was islands in the stream.


at age eighteen i'm almost graduated. at age eighteen i'm going to college on the opposite coast of my family. at age eighteen my mom is my hero, and my best friend. at age eighteen my sister sent me a cover of a song she knew i loved when i was eight. at age eighteen i listened to this song while cleaning the kitchen. at age eighteen my mom came in the kitchen and kissed my face and danced with me while singing the words we both love so much. islands in the stream. that is what we are. 

some things never change.





No comments:

:: she had a guitar, she taught him some chords ::

for my 6th birthday i got a purple camera with blue squares on it. my dad took me on a road trip across the USA and i took pictures of everything imaginable. i was hooked. time passed and i grew older and i forgot about my little obsession.
two years ago i picked up my little digital camera and realized how much i missed photography. so i got a summer job, saved up all my money, and bought a Nikon D60 SLR.
i haven't put it down since.

:: rummaging for answers ::

:: lovers ::