Friday, March 26, 2010

. jim ward .

i love my guitar. love love love. ask anyone in my family. i play it non stop. 
back up. i love music. 
back up. i love tegan and sara (nine more days til the concert!)
so of course when i got my guitar in december (i had no idea how to play anything), i went online and look up simple versions of tegan and sara songs to teach myself. 
soon after i wizened up and got a guitar teacher. he comes and teaches me every week.
so a couple weeks ago, i gave him this song and said, ' i want to learn to play this, but i cant figure it out '. and him, being the music god he is, learned it and taught it to me last week. 
the guitar had to be tuned down 3 half steps, which is why it's so low.







anyway... my friend and i discovered this awesome duet a couple months ago and completely fell in love with it.
i don't know much about jim ward, but this song is genius. 
it's completely different from anything tegan usually does. 
and now i can play it. and i do. all the time. 

broken songs ft. tegan quin, by jim ward









No comments:

:: she had a guitar, she taught him some chords ::

for my 6th birthday i got a purple camera with blue squares on it. my dad took me on a road trip across the USA and i took pictures of everything imaginable. i was hooked. time passed and i grew older and i forgot about my little obsession.
two years ago i picked up my little digital camera and realized how much i missed photography. so i got a summer job, saved up all my money, and bought a Nikon D60 SLR.
i haven't put it down since.

:: rummaging for answers ::

:: lovers ::