Wednesday, March 17, 2010

. keane .

when i was thirteen i took the bus to and from school every day.
i was in my prime at thirteen. really.
i was a back-of-the-bus kid. yeah. i had an adorable little friend named cole, and together we ruled the world. i looked forward to these bus rides like a leprechaun looks forward to st. patty's day (oh yeah, happy st.p day to you all).
why? you may ask. i'll tell you. every day, in the back of the bus, my friend would have a new playlist for me and i'd have one for him. we'd swap ipods and enjoy our thirty three minutes home. i discovered band after band in the back of that infested vehicle.
but there was one i loved most.
last week i visited my snister and her friend. this woman, sarah, is a special one. because she has a love for this band also. not a love...a passion. it may or may not control her life.
so sarah (and cole...wherever you may be), this one's for you.

. keane .



this piano rock band (how cool is that?) is from the great land of england. i feel like my eyeballs are going to fall out so i'll keep this simple.

i love their main and first major album, hopes and fears. with their popular single being somewhere only we know. a large crowd favorite. so give em a listen.
i love guitar, but these guys have found away around it with a piano that will blow you away. enjoy.
go get:
bend and break
everybody's changing
this is the last time
somewhere only we know


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh i love keaneee ... and let's face it, music in general controls my life.

thanks for the dedicatory post :) i need to go and check out those songs!

Pia said...

Oh Keane! I love them. So many memories come up when I listen to their music.

But I think I like their third album, Perfect Symmetry, the best.

:: she had a guitar, she taught him some chords ::

for my 6th birthday i got a purple camera with blue squares on it. my dad took me on a road trip across the USA and i took pictures of everything imaginable. i was hooked. time passed and i grew older and i forgot about my little obsession.
two years ago i picked up my little digital camera and realized how much i missed photography. so i got a summer job, saved up all my money, and bought a Nikon D60 SLR.
i haven't put it down since.

:: rummaging for answers ::

:: lovers ::