Friday, March 5, 2010

. sugar spell it out .


ok. it's time. i've brought my other half with me to share this experience with you. mine bestie carlee.

it is a common misconception that because i have so much music and love such a variety of it, i do not have a favorite band. false. it is because of one band that i love music so much.

in 2004 i was a young pubescent twelve year old with braces and a bad case of acne. my world revolved around the approval of my older sister, niki. one blessed trip up to provo, she decided to play her newest cd for us. for the following four hours my life was changed. i closed my eyes and let the music trickle into my soul. that cd played on repeat the entire time. by the end of the journey i knew every word to every song. it was:





as time passed my sisters grew somewhat out of love with the twins. but i couldn't let it go. these canadian sisters blew my mind and spoke to my little soul. july 23, 2007 was a day i had circled on my calendar. it was the day of their new album release. the con. again my world was flipped upside down. something about those haunting voices harmonizing and complimenting each other would soothe any pain, celebrate every joy with me.

a little over a year ago i found someone to match my love. after a summer of blasting Not With You over and over in my car, i found someone who would grow to love t and s almost as much as i did. i played her Not With You and crossed my fingers. she loved it. tegan and sara filled our cars our rooms the streets our ears.

on october 23, 2009 we both missed school awaiting the release of their newest album, sainthood. it blew our minds. again. their newest album brings in a new element of rock and electro pop (don't cringe at the word). alligator defied everything anyone expected out of them, showing these thirty year old twins still have some things up their sleeves.

these girls started out as sara and tegan at age fifteen, but soon changed their band name to tegan and sara because they thought it sounded more catchy. they started out with the yellow red and blue demo tapes. yes. tapes. which were all acoustic songs from the underground. soon their popularity grew and they came out with their first (and my favorite) album under feet like ours, in 1999. this album rocks my world.

i've said too much. and i will say more in later posts. but for now, i'll let you enjoy the sounds of my soul.

and yes. carlee did get us tickets to the SLC concert at the Venue in April. what up.

first off buy:
the con
alligator
my number
not with you
where does the good go
hell

come back for more soon.






also...they're hilarious

No comments:

:: she had a guitar, she taught him some chords ::

for my 6th birthday i got a purple camera with blue squares on it. my dad took me on a road trip across the USA and i took pictures of everything imaginable. i was hooked. time passed and i grew older and i forgot about my little obsession.
two years ago i picked up my little digital camera and realized how much i missed photography. so i got a summer job, saved up all my money, and bought a Nikon D60 SLR.
i haven't put it down since.

:: rummaging for answers ::

:: lovers ::