Wednesday, July 14, 2010

. madre .

today is my mother's birthday. she is twenty seven. roll with it.
i could not be blessed with a greater mom than i have.
she teaches. she plays. she loves. 
i'm going to miss her beyond all reason.
so here are fourteen songs. on the fourteenth of july. 
that my mom loves. that remind me of her.
xoxoxo

the way i am - ingrid michaelson
slow me down - emmy rossum
islands in the stream - kenny rogers & dolly parton
hallelujah - lee dewyze
the promisetracy chapman
you are the only one i love - jaymay
that year - brandi carlile
devil's spoke - laura marling
city girl (sara's version) - tegan and sara
be be your love - rachael yamagata
trolley wood - eisley
ain't no rest for the wicked - cage the elephant
alligator - tegan and sara


1 comment:

Rodriguez's said...

Thank you so so soooo much my joy Gina. What an amazing list of my faves on my b-day. Don't know how you snuck in the time to do this today. Your awesome!

:: she had a guitar, she taught him some chords ::

for my 6th birthday i got a purple camera with blue squares on it. my dad took me on a road trip across the USA and i took pictures of everything imaginable. i was hooked. time passed and i grew older and i forgot about my little obsession.
two years ago i picked up my little digital camera and realized how much i missed photography. so i got a summer job, saved up all my money, and bought a Nikon D60 SLR.
i haven't put it down since.

:: rummaging for answers ::

:: lovers ::