Tuesday, June 29, 2010

. steel train .

oh my. the clock struck twelve. my mouse struck purchase.
rewind.
i love tegan & sara. duh.
sorry. i didn't mean to say duh.
but it's true. they are the root of my obsession with music. without t&smusic would mean little to me.
and yet. all those years ago. they convinced me the beauty of music.
so of course i've been to their concerts.
the last concert i went to with my besties - there were two opening bands.
both decent. actually. pretty awesome.
i went home and got some of the songs. but the ones i remembered loving most, i couldn't find.
so i didn't really listen to more than one or two songs.
but.
two weeks ago. i happened upon their site.
and they announced the release of their new album on june 29th.
they had it posted on their site.
and there they were. the songs i fell in love with at the t&s concert.
the past two weeks have been torture.
but at midnight tonight. you better believe. i bought their entire album. seconds after it came out.
meet.



love these boys most. 

you better believe. i will be running around (most likely half dressed) screaming my lungs out and dancing to these songs for weeks to come.
and. i was sitting next to my mom (screaming) while i just downloaded this. she made me show her. she started screaming. no i kid. but. she made me download it to her ipod. she loves it.
and if she loves it. you will. guaranteed.

drown out your sorrows with:
you are dangerous
bullet
you and i undercover
i feel weird
turnpike ghost
firecracker
believe


bullet. by far my favorite.

you and i undercover


and guess what.
their new album (self titled) is coming out with a companion album.
every song the same, but redone by their favorite female artists.
get a load of this line up.


  • Scarlett Johansson
  • Tegan and Sara
  • Holly Miranda
  • Deradoorian
  • Alia Shawkat
  • Nellie McKay
  • Amanda Palmer
  • Greta Salpeter
  • Rachael Cantu
  • Charlotte Caffey & Astrid McDonald
  • Anna Waronker
  • Rachel Antonoff

No comments:

:: she had a guitar, she taught him some chords ::

for my 6th birthday i got a purple camera with blue squares on it. my dad took me on a road trip across the USA and i took pictures of everything imaginable. i was hooked. time passed and i grew older and i forgot about my little obsession.
two years ago i picked up my little digital camera and realized how much i missed photography. so i got a summer job, saved up all my money, and bought a Nikon D60 SLR.
i haven't put it down since.

:: rummaging for answers ::

:: lovers ::